Hi Friends! Happy Hump Day. I have to start off with saying how incredibly honored I am to of been nominated twice for the Mystery Blogger Award. Today will be Part 1, then Part 2 will be featured tomorrow. Be sure to check back on those questions.
Shoutout and thanks are in order to the beautiful Liz from Dear Blog…Love, Liz for her kind nomination. Be sure to follow her blog for some fun and inspirational reading! I must say how warm and welcoming our blogging community truly is. You don’t realize the magnitude until you’ve joined and continually are surrounded by encouraging like minded individuals.
Alrighty now, let’s dive into the Rules:
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Three Fun Facts:
- When my nails aren’t painted I feel naked. Going to get my nails done is a treat I grant myself about once a year before a trip. Otherwise I do them by myself at home.
- I was a competitive dancer for 18 year growing up. I studied: jazz, tap, ballet, acrobatics, pointe, lyrical, hip hop, modern, and contemporary. I also went to a specialized Arts High School for Dance in addition to training at a private studio. Then in university was apart of our schools competitive dance team for second and third year of my studies. After third year I dropped dance cold turkey and haven’t danced since; may have attended one drop in class but that is it!
- I really wish I could sing and take the opportunity to jam out in my car on commutes where no one can hear me. There is a very strong chance I look very odd to the drivers beside me on the road.
- If you could invite anyone over for dinner, who would it be and why?One person I’d want to have dinner with is my Dad. He passed away almost 10 years ago and I find myself missing him a lot these days. Especially when I know how proud he would be of all the accomplishments my sisters and I have had. I’d want to cook with him again and learn all the recipes I loved as a kid. He had a sophisticated way of making food and always spiced things up, quite literally! He truly had a talent on the BBQ.
- What’s something you wear or keep with you everyday and why?An item I have almost everyday, granted I leave the house, is a pair of earrings I’m wearing. A little sparkle helps me feel glam and more put together. I even braved not wearing makeup on weekends for errands, my skin breaks out a lot, and appreciate how jewellery distracts eyes from my makeup free face.
- What’s a book you recommend everybody read?One book I believe every person should read is the Wealthy Barber by David Chilton. As a Business Graduate we read a ton of materials and studied a few finance courses to learn specifics about our economy. However it doesn’t take a Business Degree to understand the teachings in the Wealthy Barber. We all need money to live and understanding how to manage money elevates a large portion of stress in many of our lives. Life is expensive, no doubt there, and we should all be taught in school as a child respect for how difficult money is to come by. With social media it’s easy to make it look like everyone is “rolling in dough” when actually they are “rolling in debt”. The Wealthy Barber gives real life relatable examples and steps to follow to better manage money at every stage in life.
- Why is your best friend your best friend?I am incredibly fortunate to have an amazing group of besties in my life. While I do have one super close best friend, I like to think while it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a whole community to help a person navigate adulthood. Each one of my girls are absolutely beautiful and have amazing hearts. They strive to make others better people and aren’t afraid to help one another push personal limits. These are the ladies I turn to for a laugh or when I’m struggling and need advice. They’ve always listened! We celebrate accomplishments together and we’ve built a mountain of memories together. I love you girls!
- Do you believe in karma?Absolutely! I truly believe Karma is a strong underlying power in our universe. I try to follow the phrase “do to others as you would want done to you”. Though I may not like everyone and agree with their actions, I respect it is their life to life and not my role to intrude on how they go about living it. The universe has a way of ensuring all of our lives remain interesting and unpredictable.
Questions for Bloggers:
What is your favourite Animal?
Who do you gain inspiration from?
If money and travel were not limited, how would you spend your dream day?
Do you prefer movies, tv, or books?
What is your comfort food?
Thank you again to Liz for this nomination and I look forward to reading the above bloggers responses!
Have a fabulous day!