Traveling, no matter how short or long you go for, can be a wonderful escape. A common theme I’ve found over all trips are how quickly costs add up. To help save some money along the way here some hacks I’ve learned.
Before you go:
- In my experience flights are cheapest on Tuesdays at midnight
- Clear computer browsing history and cookies before booking
- If you’re a member of any groups or associations additional savings may be available, even some professions are included
- Bundle flights, accommodation, attractions, and transportation, if possible
- Book online in advance
- Up to X amount of days before arrival some places will price match if there is a sale between the time of making a reservation and arriving
- A travel company may offer a discount to returning customers
- Public transportation isn’t always the cheapest method traveling to and from locations, check pricing for all transportation options your destination offers
While you’re there:
- Book an accommodation with the ability to cook
- Bring a refillable water bottle
- Stock up on snacks at the nearest grocery store / supermarket
- Ask hotels if there are any connections with local businesses
- Try to book your hotel/overnight venue near attractions
After your trip:
- Check if there are surveys offered for additional discounts on next stays
- Watch emails with promo codes
- Businesses love referrals, some offer programs to save you and your family/friends money as well
Do you have any other tips? I’d love to hear for all of you!
See you tomorrow,
Photo: Blue Mountain Resorts – Next Week I’ll tell you about my adventures trying snowboarding yesterday for the first time!